Winding Down
My stay in Europe is winding down and, much as I love to travel, I am ready to go back home. It is Sunday morning and here in The Hague, we may have unsettled weather today. My trip has been blessed with good weather. The first two days were rainy, but since then most days have been sunny and pleasant.* *by my standards which are possibly different (definitely different according to some people I know) from the standards of others. Often while other passengers were bundled up as if heading to Antarctica I was in short sleeves. On Friday I took the short 12 minute train ride from The Hague to Delft, home of Delft Blue Ceramics. With the help of Greta Google, I made my way from the train station to the old town center with its large market square. The square is book ended by the old Town Hall and the New Church. The square is lined on both sides with restaurants and shops. I am sure if the residents from centuries past could see their present market square, they would o...
Comments
Post a Comment