This Is Really Happening

On the 29th of September I fly from SFO to Munich to begin my river cruise from Berlin to Amsterdam. Prior to leaving for the river cruise, I will spend time with my nephew Matt and his wife my niece Michelle and their three children in Garmisch Partenkirchen in Bavaria. There will be some sentiment on this part of the trip as Garmisch Partenkirchen is the last place in Europe that Dianne and I visited together in 2018, but I look forward to being with family in such beautiful surroundings prior to leaving for Berlin and the cruise. I have chosen a European company for this trip, CroisiEurope, because if I am traveling in Europe, why not travel with Europeans rather than Americans? At the end of the cruise, which is an 11 day cruise, I will extend in Amsterdam for two nights and then will be in The Hague for four nights before returning to San Francisco. I have been able to get tickets to the Anne Frank House and Museum in Amsterdam and will also take a walking tour of the neighborhood where Anne Frank and her family were in hiding. I would feel cheated if I could not visit the Anne Frank House.

As is the case with traveling, especially international travel, there are lots of items to prepare prior to departure. My passport is in order, accommodations in Berlin, Amsterdam, The Hague, and by the Amsterdam Airport have been arranged. I have ordered a couple of items from Travel Smith and still need to get to my bank to order some Euros before I leave, but I am confident I will get everything done and be ready to go on the 29th. If I am true to form, I will forget something in the non-essential category and may get to try to buy items in Bavaria trying to use my fractured German. I have been using the Babbel App to try to learn some German, but need to step up my game prior to leaving in the hope that my German won't be fractured beyond repair. We shall see.

As the trip progresses, I will try to keep this blog up to date to keep you in the loop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winding Down

From The Hague

Apologies To Peter, Paul, And Mary: My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready To Go, And Here Are Some Random Thoughts