Getting Close

   I must be channeling either Dianne and/or Dianne’s mom because my suitcase is packed, it closes easily (there is actually more room in my suitcase 😳), I leave on Thursday, and now I am wondering, “What am I forgetting?”  I have no plan to stress about whether I have everything or not, realizing full well that I will be in Germany and will be able to purchase anything I may need for my travels. My flight is in the early afternoon so I will get a ride to BART and then take BART to SFO. When I arrive in Munich for my body it will be 12:45 in the morning. Local time in Munich will be 9:45 so I expect I will be living in the wonderful world of jet lag for awhile. The flight itself is supposed to be 11 hours and I hope to catch a few winks perhaps somewhere over Greenland or the Atlantic. I am not well known for my ability to sleep on planes although, were Dianne here, she would undoubtedly dispute the first clause in this sentence.   

    I have heard from my niece whose family I will be visiting in Garmisch Partenkirchen that we may be blessed with decent weather the day after I arrive. Since this will be my first Fall visit to Europe, I am trying to anticipate whatever Mother Nature has in store for me. I did have some old overshoes for rain that I decided to try on to see if they were still useable, but they expired as tried pulling the shoe up so my heel fit in the overshoe. Alas, the effort was too much for the adhesive that was holding the sole to the body of the shoe and I had a flapping in the breeze heel. TravelSmith to the rescue. New overshoes arrived this past week and I believe I am now prepared for the vagaries of weather. 

    I am looking forward to this trip, reconnecting with family in Bavaria, and seeing parts of Europe I have not seen before. Of course, Dianne will be on my mind, particularly because we both loved river cruising so much; but the memories will be joy filled because I will be doing something we loved and I know she will be smiling as I continue to live and love my life as I continue to try to choose joy each day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winding Down

From The Hague

Apologies To Peter, Paul, And Mary: My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready To Go, And Here Are Some Random Thoughts